And by golly, Miss Molly, you speak for me!
A few choice excerpts:
Oh come on, people -- get a grip on the concept of leadership.
What kind of courage does it take, for mercy's sake?
That is the center, you fools. WHO ARE YOU AFRAID OF?
- The majority of the American people (55 percent) think the war in Iraq is a mistake and that we should get out.
- The majority (65 percent) of the American people want single-payer health care and are willing to pay more taxes to get it.
- The majority (86 percent) of the American people favor raising the minimum wage.
- The majority of the American people (60 percent) favor repealing Bush's tax cuts, or at least those that go only to the rich.
- The majority (66 percent) wants to reduce the deficit not by cutting domestic spending, but by reducing Pentagon spending or raising taxes.
- The majority (77 percent) thinks we should do "whatever it takes" to protect the environment.
- The majority (87 percent) thinks big oil companies are gouging consumers and would support a windfall profits tax.
You sit there in Washington so frightened of the big, bad Republican machine you have no idea what people are thinking. I'm telling you right now, Tom DeLay is going to lose in his district. If Democrats in Washington haven't got enough sense to OWN the issue of political reform, I give up on them entirely.
Do not sit there cowering and pretending the only way to win is as Republican-lite. If the Washington-based party can't get up and fight, we'll find someone who can.
Read the entire column here . . . .