August 28, 2006

Katherine calls up her posse

"If you are not electing Christians, tried and true, under public scrutiny and pressure, if you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin." . . . .
"If we are the ones not actively involved in electing those godly men and women, we're going to have a nation of secular laws. That's not what our founding fathers intended and that's (sic) certainly isn't what God intended."
-- Katherine Harris, Republican U.S. Senate candidate, comments to Florida Baptist Witness, weekly journal of the Florida Baptist State Convention

-------


"My comments were specifically directed toward a Christian group." . . . .
"My rallying cry has always been people of all faiths should be involved." . . . .
"I think that our laws, I mean, I look at how the law originated, even from Moses, the 10 Commandments. And I don't believe, that uh . .. That's how all of our laws originated in the United States, period. I think that's the basis of our rule of law."

-- Katherine Harris, clarifying her prior comments

-------


"She cleared it up. I'm comfortable now."
-- Bill Bunting, Pasco County Republican Party Chairman and gun show organizer

-------


"I like that she's here and that she's pro-gun. I'm supporting her."
-- Jo Jordan, alligator trapper, at Orlando gunshow attended by Harris and Republican supporters

-------

More . . .

No comments: